In partnership with LCMS World Mission, Hope supports God's work in Siberia, the Baltic countries, and the Dominican Republic. The Together in Mission program enables Hope, both as a congregation and individual members, to give direct financial support to our missionaries in Siberia, the Baltic countries, and the Dominican Republic. Members receive regular updates about mission progress directly from our missionaries as well as specific prayer requests for work in the field.
Reverend Daniel and Amy (Cox) Johnson
- Serve the Lord as missionaries in Eurasia, where they work to strengthen the Lutheran Church in Siberia and the Baltic countries (SELC).
- Acts as liaison between LCMS and SELC, assisting in the development of sustainable Lutheran church bodies, creating catechetical and pastoral care resources, and providing instruction and pastoral care as requested by LCMS partner churches.
- Hometowns - Daniel is from Grandview, Missouri, and Amy was born on Scott Air Force Base in Illinois, although they both call Marshalltown, Iowa, home.
- Daniel - Bachelor of Science from West Texas State University in Canyon, Texas, and Master of Divinity from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, Missouri
- Amy - Bachelor\'s degree from the University of Central Missouri
- Currently members of Redeemer Lutheran Church, Marshalltown, Iowa, where Daniel served as senior pastor from 1993 until 2012
Deaconess Rachel Powell
- Serves the Lord as a career missionary through The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod in the Dominican Republic.
- Teaches and mentors Dominican deaconess students, coordinates and participates in community outreach activities sponsored by her congregations in the country.
- Hometown - Bryant, Indiana - Member of Zion Lutheran Church in Decatur, Indiana
- Theology major with a Spanish minor, received a bachelor\'s degree and her deaconess certification from Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Illinois
- Previously worked as camp counselor and completed deaconess student fieldwork at Luther-Tyndale Memorial Church in London, England, and Lutheran Life Communities, Arlington Heights, Illinois, and completed deaconess internship as a missionary in Lima, Peru (Sept. 2012 - May 2014)
- No upcoming events are scheduled