May 21, 2020
Dear Hope Family,
Psalm 118:29 – Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
The Kansas Department of Health (KSDH) as well as the Johnson County Health Department have begun to lift the stay at home orders. We have been discussing how to resume church services. Our plan is to resume services on June 7th at 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. services (subject to change, due to the constantly changing government restrictions). We request that you sign up, using a link that will be sent out soon. The sign up is only to anticipate seating and prepare for possible overflow.
The following are some practices, we will be following. Please be patient as this will be different for us all:
- Those at risk, ill, or immunocompromised should stay home. We certainly understand.
- Enter east Narthex doors, no other facility entrances. Doors will be propped open, or an usher will open during inclement weather.
- Please proceed directly into the Sanctuary. Note the offering plates and hand sanitizer in the Narthex.
- Even numbered aisle for 8:00 service and the odd numbered aisles for the 10:30 service.
- Please don’t sit in the aisles marked off with tape.
- Worship bulletins will be placed at each end of the pews.
- No registration pads, please register online. Hymnals will be in pew backs, please use these, not ones from other rows!
- During the postlude, you will be ushered out one row at a time.
- For fellowship time, no one should congregate in the narthex. Please socialize in the parking lot.
- Practice appropriate social distancing between families at all times. Masks are optional.
- Please be considerate as we greet one another.
- The pews will be wiped down between services.
- We will not have the Sacrament of Holy Communion until Phase 4 of the KSHD plan is implemented.
The 10:30 service will be streamed online for those unable to attend. This service can be viewed live (at 10:30) or anytime throughout the week. Please continue to use the online giving as needed, or you can bring your offerings to church and place in an offering plate upon entering the Sanctuary. If you are not feeling well or have concerns about your health, please refrain from attending the service in person.
I would like to thank Laura Haverkamp for providing the online streaming and the Board of Elders for their work on this plan. If you have any questions, please contact your assigned elder.
Peace be with you,