Lunch Program

Students have the option of bringing their own lunches or buying a lunch at school. Hope participates in the Federal School Lunch Program which provides Free and Reduced meals to eligible families. Menus are published in advance. White milk, chocolate milk, and water are available at school at a nominal cost.

The students are allowed one snack during the day at a time established by the teacher.

Parents may eat lunch with their child provided permission of the teacher has been obtained at least one day prior to the visit. Parents may take their child out of the school for lunch provided the teacher is notified prior to the start of the school day. The student needs to be returned to school before the start of the next class period. The cooperation of parents is much appreciated in order to avoid disruption of the classroom.

Please refer to our Child Nutrition and Wellness Policy for additional information.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.

To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) Email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.